Thursday, March 24, 2011

Liam Alan is here!!

It's been a crazy few weeks, but we are proud to announce the birth of our baby boy, Liam Alan Burke!! He was born March 13th, 2011 at 9:33pm. He weighed 6 pounds and 9.4 ounces and was 19 inches long.

He is absolutely perfect and Jamin and I are so in love with him!

The Birth Story:
I had my San Angelo baby shower on March 12th and I was almost 38 weeks pregnant. The shower was amazing and Liam got so many great gifts. After the shower we went over to Jamin's parent's house and had dinner since all of his family was in town for the shower. After dinner we went back home and watched some TV before heading to bed. I was laying on the couch and told Jamin that Liam was unusually active. He was bouncing all around in my belly, so much so that is hurt at times. Anyways, we headed to bed. About 6:00am I woke up with a strange feeling so I got up and went to the bathroom and then it happened - my water broke!!

I yelled to Jamin who was planning on sleeping in that Sunday and let him know my water broke. My mom was staying with us that night too. So we called the Labor and Delivery to see what I needed to do. They said to come right in. I already had our suitcase packed so we got dresses and headed to L&D. When we arrived they put me in a room and wanted to make sure that it was the "real thing". So they checked me and told us that we were having this baby today!! It was so exciting but so nerve-racking at the same time. We called our friends and family to let them know Liam was on his way!

After 16.5 hours of labor the doctor decided I needed an emergency c-section because Liam's heart rate was dipping after each contraction. So they prepped me for a c-section and at 9:33pm Liam was here! It was so surreal and an amazing experience for Jamin and I. We were both just speechless seeing Liam being born. The nurses and Jamin whisked him off to the nursery to take vitals while they stitched me up.

The whole experience was a blur and went by so fast. Liam had to spend 5 days in the NICU you due to a heart murmur and an apnea spell he had when he was 4 hours old. The NICU took such good care of him and we are so thankful he was in their care. Jamin and I stayed in the hospital and went to visit him all the time. We just couldn't stay away.

We were discharged on Saturday afternoon. At discharge his heart murmur was barely detectable. We have a follow up with a cardiologist in April to make sure it's completely closed up. He was almost back up to his birth weight when we were discharge.

It was so good to bring him home finally! Ashley drove to San Angelo and was such a huge help to us. She helped set-up and organize his nursery since we were not expecting him for another 2 weeks. Our families were such a tremendous help as well. Bringing us food, going to the grocery store, doing dishes, etc. We feel so thankful and loved to have such great family and friends.

We are so blessed to have this little boy in our lives. We just sit and look at him and how perfect he is and wonder what we did to deserve this miracle. He is so worth everything that goes along with pregnancy and delivery. We thank God for him and pray that he continues to stay healthy and strong.

Here are some pictures of our little angel!






1 comment:

  1. He's precious and I can't wait to see him Sunday!! Let me know if you need anything before we come by too!

    ReplyDelete